Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

It's 3rd day of Raya today. Since its CMCO, we're all stuck at the house. It's okay as long we protect ourselves from the Covid-19 wave. This is historical for all of us in 2020.

Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya 2020.

I have Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. How do I discover that? It started when my eldest daughter one day, shouted and screamed at her sister because she was so angry. She was so real in anger and I was frightened to see myself (me as a monster) in her. She copies exactly the way I am.

I always shouted at both my daughter at any time when I lost control. Every time they don't listen to me, it triggered my anger mode and I become a monster. The worst monster you wish you do not want to see ever in your life.

I felt so bad and I felt sorry for my daughter. That day was a wake-up call for me and I feel I need to change. So I quickly grab my eldest daughter Raisha and hug her, put her on my lap and apologize to her. I kissed her cheek and kept saying I am sorry. She just nodded her head and for a moment she closes her eyes and sleep. Right away I took her little sister Hannah and do the same. While both my daughter are sleeping, I dedicated my time to search for my problem. My first finding was really perfect for me where I found Lisa A. Romano video about FEAR.

Check it out:


Ahhh for the first time in my life I realized that there are people like me all around the world. I am not alone. So I went to Lisa A. Romano's website and try to find any audio that suits me. Yes, I found mine it was very cheap USD1.99 for half an hour of audio. It's about self-hypnosis - 'HEAL FROM NARCISSISTIC ABUSIVE MEDITATION'. I tried this audio and it really helped me 80%. The next day I woke up, I can master my mind. I can control my anger.

Ok from Lisa A. Romano youtube video, she did mention AMYGDALA.

What is AMYGDALA?



Source from Google:
They are thought to be a part of the limbic system within the brain, which is responsible for emotions, survival instincts, and memory.

She also mentions fight-or-flight in her video. What is that?

From WIKIPEDIA:
The fight-or-flight response (also called hyperarousal the Crumbles, or the acute stress response) is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived harmful event, attack, or threat to survival. It was first described by Walter Bradford Cannon. His theory states that animals react to threats with a general discharge of the sympathetic nervous system, preparing the animal for fighting or fleeing. More specifically, the adrenal medulla produces a hormonal cascade that results in the secretion of catecholamines, especially norepinephrine and epinephrineThe hormones estrogentestosterone, and cortisol, as well as the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin

In the next post, I will elaborate more on fight-or-flight okay. Till next time.

Have a happy and beautiful heart!














No comments:

Post a Comment